Find the answer to your Linux question:
I installed my distro (Suse 10.0) to run Gnome as its standard Desktop Environment. But now I'd like to try the other environment (KDE) to try by myself which is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    rax

How to switch from Gnome to KDE ??

I installed my distro (Suse 10.0) to run Gnome as its standard Desktop Environment. But now I'd like to try the other environment (KDE) to try by myself which is the most suitable for me.

I have read in other threads that you can chose your desktop environment when you are at the log screen, by choosing 'Sessions' then chosing KDE. The problem is I dont have the KDE option there, so I guess it's because is not installed.

But when I try to update the system it keeps asking me the CD1, when I have installed the system from a DVD. The error shown is related when an error about mounting the CD unit. I dont have any CD unit here, only a DVD-RW which is mounted in '/media/dvdrecorder'.

What should I do to redirect the installation that device ???? Also I have been warned that I'm gonna have to downgrade OO to avoid conflicts, with the new KDE modules I'm trying to install.

ln -s /mnt/cdrom /media/dvdrecorder

could solve your problem temporarliy just for install purposes.. probabaly want to remove the link when ur done.