Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just download an icon pack at gnome-look.org called "glass-icons" and opened up and it leaves no traceof any manual/instructions on how to install this pack. Could someone please point ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Banned

Gnome Icons

I just download an icon pack at gnome-look.org called "glass-icons" and opened up and it leaves no traceof any manual/instructions on how to install this pack. Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Brilliant Mediocrity - Making Failure Look Good

Banned
    Thank you for the advice; I have succefully installed it. However I have another problem, in customizing my desktop to my liking I installed a them that was mainly black. Now when I open up fire fox all the text box are black making it extremely hard to see what I am typing when the font it also black. It also looks just plain akward. Does anyone have a remedy for this situation? I would hate to uninstall this theme for this reason.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    hi dark_flame !!

had same problem... then i installed 'Noia' theme for FireFox itself... its working fine now.. no black buttons...
    but i think you gonna face similar problem in other applications too.. like Instant Messenger....
    try to make a few changes in control center --> Appearance --> colors .. like selected text, text background... etc...

casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Banned
    Thanks for the help but even once I have installed "Noai" I still have the same black text fields and buttons. For some more imformation I am using Gnome and I don't seem to be able to find a control panel for altering colours.

hi dark_flame !!!

GNOME..... well !! GNOME lacks a few basic control systems... you have to use third party application for editing here... like ... for menu editing .. its 'alacarte' you can install it thru yum...
    the main problem.. colors... you can change colors by editing file ".gtkrc-2.0" check this link http://bamboomoon.org/gnome/change_t...color_in_gnome

casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First