Find the answer to your Linux question:
http://images6.theimagehosting.com/teh screen.jpg Click there, and see my desktop. The notepad file should explain all, and the IM window explains the bottom line. Obviously explaining how to achieve every single aspect ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    End
    Just Joined!

Question Linux: The OS of the Obese GUIs

http://images6.theimagehosting.com/teh screen.jpg

Click there, and see my desktop. The notepad file should explain all, and the IM window explains the bottom line. Obviously explaining how to achieve every single aspect of my desktop on linux would take forever. I'd appreciate it if you just found something there that noone has talked about yet and address it.

If the free image host dies, tell me please.

Okay, some answers to your question: Full and real transparency of all windows can be achieved by using XGL and compiz. Google for XGL / compiz and you will see it. You will probably have to set up this manually on your box, as not all distros support it yet (but the major ones do).

The bottom panel can be done in any desktop environment. Gnome, KDE, ... with full transparency, too. In KDE and Gnome you don't need XGL for a transparent panel, it is there by default.

The sliders: I use clearlooks in Gnome and the sliders window-borders are way smaller/thiner on my box than the ones in your screenie. You can change every theme yourself. Hack e.g. in Gnome the gtkrc and metacity files of a theme and you can make the sliders and borders of the windows as big or as small as you want.

Same goes for the menu and the icons. You can adjust that in all DEs the way you like it. as big or as small as you want it to be. All you need to do is to do some research on e.g. Gnome or KDE or fluxbox or Icewm or FVWM2 or <enter wm/de of choice> theming.
    Windows free since 2002 | computing since 1984

I don't see a question, and I don't appreciate the tone of this thread. If you don't like Gnome or KDE, that's your prerogative, but there's no reason to troll about it here.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants