Find the answer to your Linux question:
I would like to hide the X mouse cursor. I have tried many things, but to no avail. The first thing that I tried are the options in the nvidia ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Hide X mouse cursor/pointer

I would like to hide the X mouse cursor. I have tried many things, but to no avail. The first thing that I tried are the options in the nvidia driver
    'Option "SWCursor" "off"' and 'Option "HWCursor" "off"'. This did not work. Next I tried xsetroot -cursor ..., but that only hides it while the cursor is over the blank desktop. I could not find any other options for X or for twm. I looked for options in fvwm, but did not find any, and I don't 'want' to load fvwm just to hide the mouse. The best option that I found was unclutter, but it does not quite work like it needs to. I don't want it to show up at all. I got the source for unclutter, but that is some c code like I have never seen before. The only other option I saw was for flash, but that does not apply. Does anyone know how to do this, any ideas? Would someone rewrite unclutter, I am about ready to pay for this.

Thanks.

You could probably write a custom cursor font to make the mouse cursor not show up; just a thought.
    Flies of a particular kind, i.e. time-flies, are fond of an arrow.

Registered Linux User #408794