Find the answer to your Linux question:
I downloaded a screen file from somewhere, I can't quite remember where but it's not the splash screen its the login screen. There are two images with the package and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

KDE Fonts, how do I?

I downloaded a screen file from somewhere, I can't quite remember where but it's not the splash screen its the login screen. There are two images with the package and I would like to use it as my login screen. It has an icon for each of the peices at the bottom. (eg. session, reboot, shutdown). Does anyone know where I need to put these files for the screen to take effect? I downloaded and installed a splash screen for the load of my session and I looked around the files there but I did'nt see anything for it. Please let me know. Thanks!

- also, where are the system fonts kept. I downloaded some fonts I would like to use they are .ttf files I just need to know where the other fonts are so I can use them as fonts for the words of my desktop.

yes, I have no idea how to use Linux

Linux Guru
    1) What distro & Version
    2) What Window manager? GNOME/KDE/Other?
    3) What format are these files you have download in? is it a .tar.gz, .tar, .zip, or something entirely different?

Jason

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonlambert
    1) What distro & Version
    2) What Window manager? GNOME/KDE/Other?
    3) What format are these files you have download in? is it a .tar.gz, .tar, .zip, or something entirely different?

Jason
    1) Red Hat Linux, 3.1 KDE
    2) KDE
    3) both .tar.gz and .tar

Just Joined!
    Login Screen Customization solved 11:59am Friday March, 5th 2004.

I still need help with customizing fonts.

Linux Engineer
    You need to unzip/untar them to somewhere. If this is a wallpaper that you want to use behind kdm, just put them into /usr/share/wallpapers. If this pic is a tiny logo inside kdm that you want to use, just configure the login manager to locate that file. By default, that logo is in /usr/share/apps/kdm/pics.
    The best things in life are free.