Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

KDE Fonts, how do I?

I downloaded a screen file from somewhere, I can't quite remember where but it's not the splash screen its the login screen. There are two images with the package and I would like to use it as my login screen. It has an icon for each of the peices at the bottom. (eg. session, reboot, shutdown). Does anyone know where I need to put these files for the screen to take effect? I downloaded and installed a splash screen for the load of my session and I looked around the files there but I did'nt see anything for it. Please let me know. Thanks!

- also, where are the system fonts kept. I downloaded some fonts I would like to use they are .ttf files I just need to know where the other fonts are so I can use them as fonts for the words of my desktop.

yes, I have no idea how to use Linux

Linux Guru
    1) What distro & Version
    2) What Window manager? GNOME/KDE/Other?
    3) What format are these files you have download in? is it a .tar.gz, .tar, .zip, or something entirely different?

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by jasonlambert
    1) What distro & Version
    2) What Window manager? GNOME/KDE/Other?
    3) What format are these files you have download in? is it a .tar.gz, .tar, .zip, or something entirely different?

Jason
    1) Red Hat Linux, 3.1 KDE
    2) KDE
    3) both .tar.gz and .tar

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Login Screen Customization solved 11:59am Friday March, 5th 2004.

I still need help with customizing fonts.

Linux Engineer
    You need to unzip/untar them to somewhere. If this is a wallpaper that you want to use behind kdm, just put them into /usr/share/wallpapers. If this pic is a tiny logo inside kdm that you want to use, just configure the login manager to locate that file. By default, that logo is in /usr/share/apps/kdm/pics.
    The best things in life are free.