Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi guys, I just started playing around with X windows and have some questions. ive been working my way through a text book and have come accross some Questions that ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Some X windows questions

Hi guys,

I just started playing around with X windows and have some questions. ive been working my way through a text book and have come accross some Questions that have got me stuck.

1)If you issue the exit command in an xterm window what would happen? Describe all situations you can think of

I thought the only thing that would happen when you exit is exactly that, you would exit. What other situations are there?

2)When using X which program monitors the keyboard and mouse input and how does this input get to the X client.

would it be the X server that monitors the inputs? and how do they get to the X client?

3)why does the X server isolate hardware differences and allow the client to be portable?.

is this so the X client can be used on many different computers that have different hardware setups and different OSs?

I would appreciate any help,

Thanks
    Andrew

Linux User
    I would suggest you go and email X developers..

Linux Engineer
    Check the xfree website. It answers all of those questions.