Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am using KDE 3.2.1 on SuSE 8.2 pro and keramic theme. Everything works fine but one thing I would like to know is that how could I make gnome ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Gnome Styles.

I am using KDE 3.2.1 on SuSE 8.2 pro and keramic theme. Everything works fine but one thing I would like to know is that how could I make gnome apps look more "keramic-y" (if that makes any sense). The buttons in my Gnome apps (Firefox, evolution etc.) looks rather flat and rectangular.

If I type gnome-theme-manager I get a list of Gnome themes like crux and others but if I select one it has no effect. Has Geramic got anything to do with it? I'm sure that gnome apps looked fine before I upgraded to kde 3.2.

Thanks for any help
    Ubuntu Jaunty :: Arch Linux (current) :: Acer Aspire 1692WMLi

Linux User
    You can find Plastik or Geramic themes for Gnome which will make all GTK app's look like the theme. The only good theme resource I know and ever use is art.gnome.org but it is down right now.. so you will have to wait.

I am not sure if this is the problem you are having, but when you select some theme and the theme on GTK apps changes or looks all messed up, chances are you do not have the GTK-engines (there is actually a Geramic one).

http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=3952