Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all , ok well im a gamer,and my friend has linux with cedegea, suse, and he said its alot smoother than windows and worthit, now i do NOT have ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Distribution question

Hi all , ok well im a gamer,and my friend has linux with cedegea, suse, and he said its alot smoother than windows and worthit, now i do NOT have the money for cedega but i am for surely curious about it and linux

So im curious which distribution would be the best to get thats smooth, latest graphics, a free emulator all preinstalled, the latest linux with good wireless support , and good game / graphic designer programs preinstalled

I need some advice on which distribution would suit me best thats FREE and comes with at least 1 emulator preinstalled, even wine, so i can run my games

Quote Originally Posted by vpxkai
    Hi all , ok well im a gamer,and my friend has linux with cedegea, suse, and he said its alot smoother than windows and worthit, now i do NOT have the money for cedega but i am for surely curious about it and linux
    Your friend is either very lucky, or lying. Cedega works well for some folks and not at all for others. It's a crap shoot at best. Even if it works, it will never work as well or better than Microsoft Windows for games, simply due to the fact that it's a 3rd party piece of software that translates the code on the fly. You'll always get better performance and stability running MS Windows games in MS Windows.

My advice is don't choose Linux on the fact that you can play MS Windows games on it. You may not be able to, and it takes some work to get set up even if you can. Your best bet is to set up your computer so you can boot to both Linux and MS Windows, a dual-boot setup. That way you can run your software in the OS for which it was designed.

So im curious which distribution would be the best to get thats smooth, latest graphics, a free emulator all preinstalled, the latest linux with good wireless support , and good game / graphic designer programs preinstalled

I need some advice on which distribution would suit me best thats FREE and comes with at least 1 emulator preinstalled, even wine, so i can run my games
    Any major distribution will work for that. Please read this thread:

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/lin...ead-first.html
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants