Find the answer to your Linux question:
I can install Enlightenment 16, but not 17. Here is the error I get when I do the command "sh easy_e17.sh -i --skip=esmart" (I kept getting stupid errors for esmart ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Cannot install Enlightenment 17

I can install Enlightenment 16, but not 17. Here is the error I get when I do the command "sh easy_e17.sh -i --skip=esmart" (I kept getting stupid errors for esmart so my friend told me to skip it):

Code:
    e_fm.o: In function `_e_fm2_cb_mouse_down':
    /root/e17_cvs/e17/apps/e/src/bin/e_fm.c:4682: undefined reference to `ecore_x_pointer_xy_get'
    e_fm.o: In function `_e_fm2_cb_icon_mouse_down':
    /root/e17_cvs/e17/apps/e/src/bin/e_fm.c:4906: undefined reference to `ecore_x_pointer_xy_get'
    e_fm.o: In function `e_fm2_shutdown':
    /root/e17_cvs/e17/apps/e/src/bin/e_fm.c:432: undefined reference to `ecore_dbus_server_del'
    /root/e17_cvs/e17/apps/e/src/bin/e_fm.c:435: undefined reference to `ecore_dbus_shutdown'
    e_fm.o: In function `e_fm2_init':
    /root/e17_cvs/e17/apps/e/src/bin/e_fm.c:395: undefined reference to `ecore_dbus_init'
    /root/e17_cvs/e17/apps/e/src/bin/e_fm.c:396: undefined reference to `ecore_dbus_server_system_connect'
    /root/e17_cvs/e17/apps/e/src/bin/e_fm.c:399: undefined reference to `ECORE_DBUS_EVENT_SERVER_ADD'
    /root/e17_cvs/e17/apps/e/src/bin/e_fm.c:403: undefined reference to `ECORE_DBUS_EVENT_SERVER_DEL'
    /root/e17_cvs/e17/apps/e/src/bin/e_fm.c:407: undefined reference to `ECORE_DBUS_EVENT_SIGNAL'
    e_fm.o: In function `_e_fm2_cb_dbus_event_server_add':
    /root/e17_cvs/e17/apps/e/src/bin/e_fm.c:6233: undefined reference to `ecore_dbus_method_name_has_owner'
    e_fm.o: In function `_e_fm2_cb_dbus_method_name_has_owner':
    /root/e17_cvs/e17/apps/e/src/bin/e_fm.c:6341: undefined reference to `ecore_dbus_method_add_match'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[3]: *** [enlightenment_imc] Error 1
    make[3]: Leaving directory `/root/e17_cvs/e17/apps/e/src/bin'
    make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/e17_cvs/e17/apps/e/src'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/e17_cvs/e17/apps/e'
    make: *** [all] Error 2

Just Joined!
    *You should know this but I figured I would say it up front. E17 is far from complete and many times, atleast in CVS, one days repository might be broken and it might be fixed the next. So, if you know your doing everything correctly, then check the mailing list. It could be a broken CVS tree. But make sure you triple check what you've done.

easy_e17.sh? That script doesn't ring a bell. Is that a distro specific install script?

With that said, a little more information would help. What distro are you using? If you pulled the libs from CVS, what is date that you did so? Do you have the dependencies compiled? Did you compile the libs in the correct order?

dependencies:
    * m4
    * autoconf
    * automake (1.7 or higher)
    * libtool
    * pkg-config
    * texinfo
    * zlib
    * jpeg
    * freetype 2
    * xorg-x11 or xfree86
    * x11-libs

e17 lib build order:
    1. e17/libs/eet
    2. e17/libs/evas
    3. e17/libs/ecore
    4. e17/libs/embryo
    5. e17/libs/edje

More information can be found here: http://http://www4.get-e.org/E17_Use...pages/3.1.html