Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all! Is there an easy way to copy your "profile" from Gnome to other users. Im thinking about my links to applications, main menu, behaviour, wallpaper setting and so ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Copying your profile in gnome to other users

Hi all!
    Is there an easy way to copy your "profile" from Gnome to other users. Im thinking about my links to applications, main menu, behaviour, wallpaper setting and so on. I figure you sould copy some special configurationfiles to the home directories of these users, or is there any slick software taking care of this?
    Could you make this automated? - if I create a new user, he will automaticly get a standard profile with a specific background or similar.

Regards Oscar

Linux Guru
    Now of course that's possible. If this is GNOME2, see this link: http://www.gnome.org/learn/admin-gui...dmin-guide.pdf.

Linux Guru
    Also, for the way to add default configuration for users apart from just GNOME, see information about /etc/skel. The contents of that directory are copied to new users' home directories.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Thanx a bunch for the answers - gave me the exactly answers I was looking for..