Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am quite new to Linux. I have a Compaq presario 1500 laptop. I am currently running fedora core 6. my problem is when my computer loads and the desktop ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Fedora Core 6 display problem

I am quite new to Linux. I have a Compaq presario 1500 laptop. I am currently running fedora core 6. my problem is when my computer loads and the desktop loads it looks looks like 2 separate screens. it looks like the screen isn't big enough and it tiles the screen. i have a ati raedon 7500 mobility card. i fixed the problem once but i can not figure out how i did it. if anyone can please help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

hi jd2852,

Welcome to the LinuxForums.

in GRUB screen, select Fedora title and press 'e'. select 'kernel' line, press 'e' again and add <space> 3 at the end of line. press 'Enter' key and press 'b' to boot up. this will drop you on command line login prompt. log in as root and execute this
    Code:
     system-config-display
    configure display and resolutions. execute startx to check GUI.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!

thanx

thank you for ur help casper. all i did was change the monitor type and it worked fine. something so simple and i couldn't figure it out haha. thanx again.