Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have used Smart Package Manager to install kde-tweak, kde3-style-linspire-clear and kde-windeco-linspire-clear. How do I actually use them please? Right-clicking desktop and choosing properties doesn't seem to offer anything, and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How do I install a custom desktop theme in KDE?

I have used Smart Package Manager to install kde-tweak, kde3-style-linspire-clear and kde-windeco-linspire-clear.

How do I actually use them please? Right-clicking desktop and choosing properties doesn't seem to offer anything, and I can't see any new choices in the kmenu.
    Last edited by khinch; 03-31-2007 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Fixed typo in title

You have to go to the control center and then to Appearance & Themes > Style. There should be a drop down box that will contain your new themes.
    Looking for a distro? Look here.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)
    Queen's University - Arts and Science 2008 (Sociology)
    Registered Linux User #386147.

Just Joined!
    Thanks for that! I don't think I have ever clicked on "settings" above "run command" in the KDE menu before. I habitually head for YaST, Tools and System. After using SuSE for over 6 months I have just discovered a whole new level of customisation!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close