Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
hi i just applied all what you said and re-started the computer. how do i go to my windows files? thanks and best regards...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

hi
    i just applied all what you said and re-started the computer.
    how do i go to my windows files?
    thanks and best regards

If you followed the tutorial exactly as it says and didn't get any errors along the way then your Windows drive will be located in /mnt/ntfs_p.
    Code:
    cd /mnt/ntfs_p
    ls

Just Joined!
    looks like it is too complicated
    any how i appreciate your help
    i'll re-install windows and forget about linux
    thanks again

It's really not that difficult. /mnt/ntfs_p is a directory, just like C:/Program Files in Windows. You just have to navigate to that directory to access the files you need. You can use a file browser if you're not comfortable with the command line. Go to Places -> Computer in the Gnome menu then click on Computer or Filesystem if they're there. If it's Computer, open that up and double click on Filesystem and you'll be in the root directory or '/'. From there you can double click on mnt and then on ntfs_p.

Don't give up on Linux just yet. It takes some time to learn the file system and commands but once you've done that, you'll be much more comfortable getting around a Linux system.

Just Joined!
    i really appreciate your encouragement.
    thank you too much
    i tried your last suggestion, but it didn't work.
    maybe i did something wrong while following your instructions.
    anyhow, i am still attracted to linux, therefor, i decided to buy another computer and install linux on it.
    i still have the cd.
    but please tell me, how can i uninstall fedora 7 of my current computer?
    i promise to come back soon to linux once i have my windows files back, but this time in a separate computer, because , honestly, i don't trust the internet with windows.

If you're planning on re-installing Windows, there's no need to uninstall Fedora. Windows can get rid of it for you.

but please tell me, how can i uninstall fedora 7 of my current computer?
    i promise to come back soon to linux once i have my windows files back, but this time in a separate computer, because , honestly, i don't trust the internet with windows.
    boot up from Windows Installation CD and select Repair. execute 'fixmbr' command. this will remove GRUB Menu and Windows will boot up by default on reboot.
    boot up Windows, delete partitions marked as 'Unknown' in Disk Management Tool' window and create new Windows based partitions. execute diskmgmt.msc in RUN dialog box and Disk Management Tool window will pop up.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2