Find the answer to your Linux question:
Do any of you know how to make Firefox take on all the aspects of the KDE theme and window decorations that are in use under KDE? This one has ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    oz
    forum.guy

SOLVED: KDE Theme / Window Decorations with Firefox

Do any of you know how to make Firefox take on all the aspects of the KDE theme and window decorations that are in use under KDE?

This one has had me stumped for a few days now, and lots of searching hasn't helped any. I've already installed gtk-qt-engine, but that didn't help any, either.

The main thing I'm looking for is to make the scrollbars and progress bar in Firefox take on the same look as those of other programs when running KDE. Firefox does look like other programs under Gnome, but not under KDE.

Maybe it's a chrome issue, but I'm not sure.

Thanks for any ideas on this.
    oz

gtk-qt-engine is what you want to use. There are two things you need to do:

1. Set Firefox to use the "default" theme. (Look under "add-ons".) This will make it default to using gtk. It sounds like Firefox is already set up to the default theme.

and

2. Set up gtk-qt-engine under KDE's Control Center. It's under appearances and themes, IIRC. Note that any changes to the gtk theme will only affect newly started programs--not ones which are already running.

I used it for a while because it gave everything a consistent look, but I eventually got tired of it because it seemed very sluggish compared to a native gtk theme.
    Isaac Kuo, ICQ 29055726 or Yahoo mechdan

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by IsaacKuo View Post
    gtk-qt-engine is what you want to use. There are two things you need to do:

1. Set Firefox to use the "default" theme. (Look under "add-ons".) This will make it default to using gtk. It sounds like Firefox is already set up to the default theme.

and

2. Set up gtk-qt-engine under KDE's Control Center. It's under appearances and themes, IIRC. Note that any changes to the gtk theme will only affect newly started programs--not ones which are already running.

I used it for a while because it gave everything a consistent look, but I eventually got tired of it because it seemed very sluggish compared to a native gtk theme.
    Hi, IsaacKuo - thanks for the reply.

I've already tried all that, and all looked good, but the scrollbars and progress bar didn't adapt to the KDE theme, even after a restart.
    oz

oz
    forum.guy
    Nevermind...

I found that the problem was I was choosing KDE style in the GTK styles options, whereas I should have been choosing Qt style. It's working properly now.
    oz