Find the answer to your Linux question:
The idea is to replace the authentication part (asking for 'username' and 'password') with a kerberized login or in other words, make this GUI based login support kerberos authentication. Any ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

where is KDE login program located?

The idea is to replace the authentication part (asking for 'username' and 'password') with a kerberized login or in other words, make this GUI based login support kerberos authentication.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

which Linux Distro do you have? you can replace kdm ( KDE Login Manager ) with any other manager.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    I'm using opensuse. But this is not that much dependent on distro. What I want to do is to replace the authentication part with something that uses mit kerberos. Now, I realized that instead of looking for something in kdm authentication part for replace, PAM is a good choice for this purpose. I'd like to hear some expert's advice on this.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    it depends on distro to distro. some distros Login Managers have features like Authentication via Kerberos, LDAP, Smart Card, Samba and Winbind.
    you can set Options like Options like cache information, use shadow passwords, use MD5 passwords, local authorization, authenticate via network services.

you have to configure Kerberos and required info only.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by devils_casper View Post
    it depends on distro to distro. some distros Login Managers have features like Authentication via Kerberos, LDAP, Smart Card, Samba and Winbind.
    you can set Options like Options like cache information, use shadow passwords, use MD5 passwords, local authorization, authenticate via network services....
    Do you know how to find the place for setting these various authentication options in a kdm or gdm login manager in Opensuse or other major distro or in general?

Thanks a lot!