Find the answer to your Linux question:
In some applications (Mozilla, Netscape, etc.), I get hideous lines as I browse (or type in text boxes; I'm getting them right now. >:O ). Does anyone know how to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Ugly lines on Mozilla

In some applications (Mozilla, Netscape, etc.), I get hideous lines as I browse (or type in text boxes; I'm getting them right now. >:O ). Does anyone know how to fix this? Screenshot of the lines: http://adrohak.ath.cx/mozilla_lines.png

Linux Guru
    try adjusting your screen resulotion. I had that problem and it stopped happening when I switched to a lower res.

Good Luck!
    Jeremy
    Registered Linux user #346571
    "All The Dude ever wanted was his rug back" - The Dude

Linux Guru
    AFAIK, Mozilla (and its derivatives, like Netscape, Epiphany, Galeon, Camino, etc.) have that problem. There's some kind of alignment problem in Gekko that still seems unsolved

Normally, elements will just get misaligned by a pixel or two, not causing those lines, though. I'm guessing that your acceleration driver causes those lines in conjunction with that Gekko bug. If that is the problem, then there's not much to do except wait until the Gekko problem is solved.