Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello to everybody !!! This question is because i have troubles with my computer and i have adquird a new motherboard, cpu and ram... CPU: AMD Athlon 64 2.4 GHz ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

There is a FreeSBIE version for AMD64???

Hello to everybody !!!

This question is because i have troubles with my computer and i have adquird a new motherboard, cpu and ram...

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 2.4 GHz AM2. MoBo Gigabyte, DDR2 Kingston 1Gb.

Im using WinXP 32 bits, Debian 4.0 AMD64 and i want to try again FreeBSD but on 64 bits.

I already downloaded the FreeBSD 7.0 AMD64 ISOS, but first i want to try the compatibility, i already checked the FreeSBIE download page but i didn't found a version (or reference) about LiveCD for 64 bits...

and, on the way ("de paso", "aprovechando", i don't know the expression in english), how much compatibility has FreeBSD 7.0 with new hardware??
    the motherboard has a chipset nVidia, the model of MoBo is Gigabyte GA-M61SME-S2 Rev. 2002 (S-Series) socket AM2 and the chipset nVidia GeForce 6100/NForce 405 (only chipset, i don't have any 3D PCI/AGP accelerarion card)...

because i have problems on Debian 4.0 AMD64 kernel 2.6.22 (downloaded from backports), detects the onboard sound card, no errors, but no sound is llistened...and i want to know if similar problems could i found with FreeBSD.

Excuse me for the lot of questions

Thanks to everybody

See you

Just Joined!
    Hello again

I dont found a FreeSBIE 64 to test...

but i was able to install FreeBSD 7.0 AMD64 on the new board, and all worked, the sound too...

somebody says that loading the right module is enough, but i thaught that he reffered to compile a new kernel with the module enable....

but snd_XXX_enable="TRUE" was enough

Thanks to everybody

See you