Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello to everybody... i have a problem compiling pidgin (2.4.2, i dont remember the version with accuracy) from ports (updated), also the prepackaged version dont allow me autenticate with MSN ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Problem compiling pidgin port on FreeBSD7.0 AMD64

Hello to everybody...
    i have a problem compiling pidgin (2.4.2, i dont remember the version with accuracy) from ports (updated), also the prepackaged version dont allow me autenticate with MSN account (it shows "fix the problem and reautenticate"), and re-writing the password dont work...
    some time ago, pidgin works, but yesterdey i tried to compile OOorg3 from ports (failed by an error), and when i try to use pidgin (2.2.2) i see the autenticate problem....

i try disabling SSL an using Mozilla encryption, shown in PidginFAQ but shows the same error, i pasted it down...

Code:

/usr/bin/grep -E -e "^g_io_module_(load|unload)" ".libs/libgiofam.exp" > ".libs/libgiofam.expT"
    mv -f ".libs/libgiofam.expT" ".libs/libgiofam.exp"
    cc -shared  .libs/libgiofam_la-fam-helper.o .libs/libgiofam_la-fam-module.o .libs/libgiofam_la-gfamdirectorymonitor.o .libs/libgiofam_la-gfamfilemonitor.o  -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib /usr/local/lib/libintl.so -lgio-2.0 /usr/local/lib/libgobject-2.0.so /usr/local/lib/libglib-2.0.so /usr/local/lib/libfam.so  -Wl,-soname -Wl,libgiofam.so -Wl,-retain-symbols-file -Wl,.libs/libgiofam.exp -o .libs/libgiofam.so
    /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgio-2.0
    gmake: *** [libgiofam.la] Error 1
    *** Error code 2

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/gio-fam-backend.
    *** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/net-im/libpurple.
    *** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/net-im/pidgin.
    *** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/net-im/pidgin.
    the line gmake: *** [libgiofam.la] Error 1was shown when i tried to compile OOorg3 ( i downloaded java (src,bin), diablo-?,and bsd-jdk15-patches-8 ), and them was compiled ok, i don't know which could be the problem)

i miss something???
    can i try some trick to compile sussesfully pidgin (and OOor es-localized)???

thans for any advices that you can give me.

see you

Just Joined!
    i just tried to compile libpurple alone and i got the same error

Code:
    *** Error code 2

*** Error code 1

*** Error code 1

Just Joined!
    I tried again to compile OOorg, but the default one (LOCALIZED = en), everythig seems to be performing well, but i see anoter issue:

Code:
    /: write failed, filesystem is full
    mkout -- version: 1.8
    making .dpslo
    9 module(s): 
            sdk_oo
            unotools
            transex3
            xmlscript
            rsc
            idl
            UnoControls
            oox
            unoxml
    need(s) to be rebuilt

Reason(s):

ERROR: error 65280 occurred while making /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-3/work/BEA300_m2/unotools/source/i18n
    ERROR: error 65280 occurred while making /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-3/work/BEA300_m2/UnoControls/source/base
    ERROR: error 65280 occurred while making /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-3/work/BEA300_m2/rsc/source/parser
    ERROR: error 65280 occurred while making /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-3/work/BEA300_m2/transex3/source
    ERROR: error 65280 occurred while making /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-3/work/BEA300_m2/sdk_oo/pack/check
    ERROR: error 65280 occurred while making /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-3/work/BEA300_m2/xmlscript/source/misc
    ERROR: error 65280 occurred while making /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-3/work/BEA300_m2/idl/source/cmptools
    ERROR: error 65280 occurred while making /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-3/work/BEA300_m2/unoxml/source/dom
    ERROR: error 65280 occurred while making /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-3/work/BEA300_m2/oox/source/token

Attention: if you build and deliver the above module(s) you may prolongue your the build issuing command "build --from sdk_oo unotools transex3 xmlscript rsc idl UnoControls oox unoxml"

*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-3.
    im using a 20gb HDD with 9.7GB for / and 7.8 for /home, and / is full...
    i will change the disk for a 80GB one, and i will retry...

about pidgin, i dont have tried again. (any advice will be well received )

thanks, and i will back with the "new" HDD.

Just Joined!
    HDD changed, i tried again to compole OOorg3 and i got the same error

Code:
    /usr/bin/grep -E -e "^g_io_module_(load|unload)" ".libs/libgiofam.exp" > ".libs/libgiofam.expT"
    mv -f ".libs/libgiofam.expT" ".libs/libgiofam.exp"
    cc -shared  .libs/libgiofam_la-fam-helper.o .libs/libgiofam_la-fam-module.o .libs/libgiofam_la-gfamdirectorymonitor.o .libs/libgiofam_la-gfamfilemonitor.o  -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib /usr/local/lib/libintl.so -lgio-2.0 /usr/local/lib/libgobject-2.0.so /usr/local/lib/libglib-2.0.so /usr/local/lib/libfam.so  -Wl,-soname -Wl,libgiofam.so -Wl,-retain-symbols-file -Wl,.libs/libgiofam.exp -o .libs/libgiofam.so
    *** Error code 2

*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/net/avahi-libdns.
    *** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/print/cups-base.
    *** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/print/cups-base.
    *** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-3.
    where can i get -lgio-2.0 and libgiofam.la ???
    when i reinstall FreeBSD on the new HDD i tried to compile also Xorg, i get the same error about libgiofam.la ...

or i miss to install a basic, really basic package, or package group???

im very "lost"

any help will be welcome

thanks

see you

Do you have devel/gio-fam-backend installed? That's what gives you libgiofam. glib provides libgio (-l gio). If those dependencies are not installed, there may be a bug in the amd64 Makefile...
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Just Joined!
    then i need glib and gio-fam-backend...

i will test in these days, in this moment i have little time

thanks sarumont, now i have "a little of light".

See you

Just Joined!
    OOOhhhhh...
    what a... that is dark magic

i tried to compile devel/gio-fam-backend but i got the same error, theni tried deinstall and reinstall glib20, was suscessfull, next i tried again to install devel/gio-fam-backend and ok...

afther that i tried to reinstall OOorg, i leave it all the night, and this morning i see a suscesfull compilation, and the icons are there, and works

Thanks a lot sarumont

now im trying with pidgin...

Quote Originally Posted by Saltamontes View Post
    OOOhhhhh...
    what a... that is dark magic

i tried to compile devel/gio-fam-backend but i got the same error, theni tried deinstall and reinstall glib20, was suscessfull, next i tried again to install devel/gio-fam-backend and ok...

afther that i tried to reinstall OOorg, i leave it all the night, and this morning i see a suscesfull compilation, and the icons are there, and works

Thanks a lot sarumont

now im trying with pidgin...
    Dark magic, indeed. Looks like something in glib20 wasn't built for your system (or maybe was corrupt?). Glad you got it working, though.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Just Joined!
    Pidgin working...

Thanks again sarumont