Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello to everybody again... the reason of this cuestion(s) is because i can't load (or i dont know how... yet) the audio module with Debian AMD64 Etch... im thinking seriously ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

FreeBSD7+XP dual boot question

Hello to everybody again...

the reason of this cuestion(s) is because i can't load (or i dont know how... yet) the audio module with Debian AMD64 Etch...

im thinking seriously to "kick off" linux (though i like Debian) and use FreeBSD... (i have sound and i'm familiar with it)

i want XP (32 bit) and FreeBSD (AMD64) on dual boot, on the same disk, independant partitions/slices, and i know how to do it with linux (well... really grub does it), but will be the frist time i try it with FreeBSD...

i dont know how to use or configure the BSD's boot loader, i check the HandBook and The Boot Manager and Boot Stages but isnt clear enough (for me), also i found a small guide about How to Dual Boot using GRUB, seems easy, but it doesnt explain how to replace the default loader of FreeBSD and what other steps are needed...

i already check the section about Installation but the options are "default boot loader" and "don't touch MBR" and i don't found other options in the handbook.

any tips will be well received

and i will continue finding more information about that (and if exists a way to keep Win2 untouched and overwrite/override the linux section on GRUB)

thanks to everybody

see you

First install win, then FreeBSD, You'll come with a nice/light boot manager for choosing win or freeBSD.

FreeBSD has its boot manager : boot0.