Find the answer to your Linux question:
Ive been using Linux for awhile now and i decided to have a go setting up FreeBSD, so i install with no problem, and i open up to a text ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

FreeBSD 7.0 Xorg Error

Ive been using Linux for awhile now and i decided to have a go setting up FreeBSD, so i install with no problem, and i open up to a text based login. I login, and i try "startx" to start an x server. No luck. I find this webpage Setting up X.org and FluxBox on FreeBSD and i follow the instructions but when i go to install, it says x.org is already install. So i run "startx" and i get the following error:

Code:
    Fatal Server error:
    no screens found
    x10: fatal IO error 53 (software caused connection abort) on X server ":0.0" after 0 requests (o known processed) with 0 events remaining.

xauth: (argv):1: bad display name "remy-desktop.domain.invalid:0" in "remove" command
    I install fluxbox and when i go to start fluxbox i get "couldnt connect to XServer"

Any ideas how to fix the Xserver? Any at all? Thank you.

Just Joined!
    How did you install Xorg???

usng the prepackaged software on the cds, or ftp, or ports???
    did you install the base, next Xorg and finally the desktop, or X and desktop in the package selection after slicing the HDD and system configuration???

in some point is needed to create the xorg.conf file, but i don't remember in wich way.

If you provide more information, someone could give you some idea or tip.

Did you checked the HandBook - The X Window System???

im use linux too (Debian 4.0 AMD64) and FreeBSD 7.0AMD64.

Good luck

see you

I installed a standard installition of a CD, plugged into my adsl, cd /usr/ports/x11-wm/xorg and then make install. It ran for a while, and i ran xorg.conf and entered all the values of my hardware.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close