Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi guys: I modified and compiled the FreeBSD 7.0 kernel. Compile error: stdio.h no such file or directory. My source is #include <stdio.h> I found the stdio.h in /usr/include/stdio.h. Does ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

stdio.h no such file

Hi guys:

I modified and compiled the FreeBSD 7.0 kernel. Compile error: stdio.h no such file or directory. My source is #include <stdio.h>

I found the stdio.h in /usr/include/stdio.h.

Does this mean that kernel cannot use lib from user space? Or is that only a path problem? Can anyone tell me how to add path to FreeBSD kernel? I am using directory /sys/netipsec.

Thank you.
    Max

Linux Guru
    I know nothing about the FreeBSD kernel, but I wonder what do you need to do inside of the kernel that would need stdio.h.

Besides that, I don't think that the BSD kernel uses the user space libraries. That would be a nonsense. Linux at least doesn't, the kernel has it's own headers. If you link to libs on the user space, I am curious as to how do you plan to link to them when the file system is not accessible, that is, unless you plan to statically link a monster.

But, as said, I am not into the FreeBSD kernel so I'd wait for another -more knowledgeable- answer. I also don't think this is the right section to ask for this.

Quote Originally Posted by i92guboj View Post
    But, as said, I am not into the FreeBSD kernel so I'd wait for another -more knowledgeable- answer. I also don't think this is the right section to ask for this.
    Moved to the proper section.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants