Find the answer to your Linux question:
[ Hoping this is in correct thread ] I am trying to figure out what I am missing. I have two simple linux (crux) boxes built the exact same, gig ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

MIssing iSCSI SPeed FreeNas

[ Hoping this is in correct thread ]

I am trying to figure out what I am missing. I have two simple linux (crux) boxes built the exact same, gig cards and all. One of them I boot with FreeNas and the other I boot Crux. I connect the two directly with a cat6 crossover cable. On the crux system I mount the FreeNas iSCSI drive.

mtu set at 7168

Running an iperv test results in a throughput of ~300megabits / second

dd across network devzero to filesystem results in a throughput 66Megabits / second

As can be seen, I am not nearly reaching my potential. I am looking for something to increase the speeds, but am not sure what I am missing.

Does anybody have any ideas or suggestions to improve this?

Could it be cpu (2.0ghz)?

Just Joined!
    I'm no expert, but i believe the the 300 Mb/s is the raw throughput, in other word, the speed to send raw data (protocol overhead, control packet, useful data, ...).

Maybe the 66 Mb/s is only the useful data throughput, however the difference between the 300 Mb/s and 66Mb/s is quite enormous, did try ntop to analyse you traffic ?