Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am using NetBSD and I am trying to set up a LAMP server but I am unsure of how to get the MySQL and PHP source files onto the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

How to download from command line

I am using NetBSD and I am trying to set up a LAMP server but I am unsure of how to get the MySQL and PHP source files onto the box. Because the mysql and php links aren't direct downloads (a full URL to the filename) it doesn't appear wget is going to work for me (unless someone has done it).

I also tried with FTP buy connecting to the server and path is gives in the URL but for some reason the files don't show in the directory that the URL is talking about...

Is there some other way I can get the files? I'd prefer to not deal with any GUI just to get the files.

Thank you.

I've never run BSD but a few things I'd think of if running into the same problem under Linux:

Is the place where you want to download these files from the only place to get them? Maybe copy the file names, Google them and see if you can find the files from a different place where you can use wget.

Doesn't BSD use ports? Would these files be available downloading them via BSD ports?

Is there a BSD command line Internet browser like links? Possibly install that and procure the files through it?

Just a few ideas that may or may not be useful. Sorry I couldn't help more.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Doesn't BSD use ports? Would these files be available downloading them via BSD ports?
    I believe it should. I'm unable to find any info on how to use it though. Do you you know where I could find info on it? Should be able to set up a path to the packages then do a "pkg_add" but I don't know where I'm supposed to get the path.

This ought to get you started...

Using the Ports Collection

Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here