Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi Experts, I would like to connect two Unix Flavored System through Serial port. Can some one shed some light on this pleasE? On one Machine I have a freeBSD ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Serial Communication betweeen FreeBSD and Fedora 15

Hi Experts,

I would like to connect two Unix Flavored System through Serial port. Can some one shed some light on this pleasE?

On one Machine I have a freeBSD installed and the other Machine I have installed Fedora 15.

The FreeBSD is where I will be initiating the connection and Fedora will be accepting the connection.

I have changed the run level on my Fedora so that It stops at command line. (i.e., set the run level to 3).

Both the Machines have com POrts (Male) and I connect them back to Back via Serial Cable (Both end Female Connectors)

Now from the FreeBSD Machine, I initiate a connection but i dont see the connection getting successful

I use the following command to initiate serial connection on my freeBSD machine.

'cu -l ttyu0' but unable to make any connection. I should see the command line of Fedora 15

I have disabled Firewall on my Fedora 15.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    -Vijay

Just Joined!
    Im no expert.
    I had been trying to connect using ethernet, but needed a crossover cable instead of a straight thru cable....