Results 11 to 13 of 13
Currently building xorg on freebsd on my older laptop. It's taking a while...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
- 12-01-2012 #11
- 12-09-2012 #12
- Join Date
- Sep 2012
thanks guys all have mixed answers but its solved.thanks
- 02-15-2013 #13
2. Yes, but only through the Linux emulation layer. (Its a high level emulation and runs at native speeds and on occasion faster than Linux)
3. Only FreeBSD related project, but it is limited compared to Linux. However, work is being done to get NetBSD, OpenBSD and DragonflyBSD 3D acceleration.
4. Yes, with a bit of work. It can run it more smoothly than Linux is some cases
5. Yes, The *BSD are designed to be server OS's more so than desktops or workstations, though PC-BSD is trying to change that.
6. BSD is not Linux as others have mentioned. BSD is a descendant of BSD UNIX and is directly related to the proprietary UNIX's known as SVR4 (System V Release 4). There is just alot of cross-pollination between Linux and the *BSDs
Define what you mean by more powerful?
It is just as secure as Linux, the big difference is users. So Linux is more likely to come under attack than the *BSDs simply because there is a larger user base.