Results 1 to 2 of 2
I am currently doing my dissertation for my honors year at university. I fear I have gave my self too much to do. I am currently at the stage where ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
- 03-24-2013 #1
- Join Date
- Mar 2013
I am currently doing my dissertation for my honors year at university. I fear I have gave my self too much to do. I am currently at the stage where I am totally lost as of what to do next. I am not sure how I am going to simulate the traffic to show how both Suricata and Snort cope.
This has to be done within a virtual environment, I have no way of placing the monitors within a network segment as the university policies forbid anything like this.
Any suggetions of what direction to take this and any suggested tools which may help would be a great help.
Below is my objectives for my project.
- Develop criteria for comparing and evaluating IDPSís
- Evaluate the features of two or more IDPDís
- Implement IDPSís in a virtual environment
- A First Class honours project with additionally have
- Investigate integration of various IDPSís to ascertain a working combination of features.
- Test response of combined system to attacks
- 03-24-2013 #2
- Join Date
- Apr 2012
- Virginia, USA