Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, my name is Dan Zhukovin. I am a person who wants to start a game development company, called Corrective Game Works, but needs the computer scientists to do it. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Game Development Project (Wants to start company)

Hi, my name is Dan Zhukovin. I am a person who wants to start a game development company, called Corrective Game Works, but needs the computer scientists to do it. If you are a highly professed computer scientist, or game developer who is capable of producing a full-sized PC game title, or Xbox title, I would love to see some examples of your software running.

Right now, my company is not even a legal entity yet, but I am willing to use saved online conversations and legal contracts along with a personal plan to finance every little need on the part of our development team towards becoming a legal entity.

If you are wondering as to how long this job lasts, I am looking for a ride or die programmer-someone who will bring my ideas as a content director to life, and does not mind a permanent position in our development team.

As far as qualifications are concerned, I would like to admit someone who can prove the ability to easily produce and integrate game assets and code, or display at least a four year college degree in Computer Science or Game Design from an upstanding university or college, along with a GPA above a 3.3

If you want to know more about my idea for this company, it is as follows:

This is a company which will become an LLC once it has the capital. Our company seeks to thirdly make money, secondly establish a market for console games and dirt-cheap computer games, and firstly correct the problems with gaming programming, computer resource use, DLC content and stock gaming elements. We make our games so people of every economic class can enjoy a game that is truly a growing experience and a diverse adventure without paying the extra money. Stay tuned for our first title, the multi-genre blockbuster, Desperation (written 3/19/2014, for biters), which will be our first thing for sale on my online store, and maybe on steam, along with other stores (idk, it depends on Valve's rules about homebrew developers)

I will discuss the details of our first project to whoever responds to this proposal-email me at gmail, my username is danzhukov

Linux Newbie
    Hello danzhukov. Welcome to the forums, and thank you for writing.

I'm not a programmer myself, but I would not mind to be a tester or try any free game / trial you may release in the near future and give you my opinion as an experienced gamer. I'm almost 26 and I've been a gamer since Sega Genesis times. Right now I only play Clash of Clans, but I'd sneak into one of yours if I find the time. =)

I wish you the best, and I hope your company ends as a success.

Just Joined!

Reply to tester guy

Quote Originally Posted by ivotkl View Post
    Hello danzhukov. Welcome to the forums, and thank you for writing.

I'm not a programmer myself, but I would not mind to be a tester or try any free game / trial you may release in the near future and give you my opinion as an experienced gamer. I'm almost 26 and I've been a gamer since Sega Genesis times. Right now I only play Clash of Clans, but I'd sneak into one of yours if I find the time. =)

I wish you the best, and I hope your company ends as a success.

Hey man, just saw your reply-Now, we do need testers, but we don't work on a deadline because people will always be there to buy games, so there is no need to rush on development like other companies (especially since I have to finish college), so if you test, I would also like you to agent for us, and list yourself as an employment agent, and tester on our upcoming blog, which will be up as soon as I am done with the company logo. Would that be okay for you? Because if you say yes, I would like you to sniff out certain people to get on the project with me.

If you want to attract anyone worth having work with you, you need to sell yourself. What do you have to offer?

BTW, you have posted this to a BSD subforum. If you don't even know what BSD means...well, the fact that you posted here isn't exactly going to give a positive impression to software developers.
    Isaac Kuo, ICQ 29055726 or Yahoo mechdan

Just Joined!
    Well, first, I think what I am offering to others is obvious here-whoever works with me on this is obviously going to get a sizeable share of sales revenue, and I don't need programming knowledge because that isn't my job right now, nor is it even my college major, so I don't see why anyone would care. I also think that the idea of making a game development troupe sells itself. Thank you for your completely unwarranted critique of my post, though...mind you, I already have a musician for the game, so I'm doing okay

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by danzhukov View Post
    Hi, my name is Dan Zhukovin. I am a person who wants to start a game development company, called Corrective Game Works, but needs the computer scientists to do it. If you are a highly professed computer scientist, or game developer who is capable of producing a full-sized PC game title, or Xbox title, I would love to see some examples of your software running.

Right now, my company is not even a legal entity yet, but I am willing to use saved online conversations and legal contracts along with a personal plan to finance every little need on the part of our development team towards becoming a legal entity.

If you are wondering as to how long this job lasts, I am looking for a ride or die programmer-someone who will bring my ideas as a content director to life, and does not mind a permanent position in our development team.

As far as qualifications are concerned, I would like to admit someone who can prove the ability to easily produce and integrate game assets and code, or display at least a four year college degree in Computer Science or Game Design from an upstanding university or college, along with a GPA above a 3.3

If you want to know more about my idea for this company, it is as follows:

This is a company which will become an LLC once it has the capital. Our company seeks to thirdly make money, secondly establish a market for console games and dirt-cheap computer games, and firstly correct the problems with gaming programming, computer resource use, DLC content and stock gaming elements. We make our games so people of every economic class can enjoy a game that is truly a growing experience and a diverse adventure without paying the extra money. Stay tuned for our first title, the multi-genre blockbuster, Desperation (written 3/19/2014, for biters), which will be our first thing for sale on my online store, and maybe on steam, along with other stores (idk, it depends on Valve's rules about homebrew developers)

I will discuss the details of our first project to whoever responds to this proposal-email me at gmail, my username is danzhukov
    EDIT: *3.3 or higher in computer science or game design courses