1 1.39%
  • ClosedBSD

0 0%
  • PicoBSD

0 0%
  • Other (please post)

8 11.11%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
i want to try freeBSD. All i need to do is download the ISO and im set, the only thing is im out of CD-RW from burning linux distros on ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

i want to try freeBSD. All i need to do is download the ISO and im set, the only thing is im out of CD-RW from burning linux distros on them
    Linux is for those who want to know why their computer works.

Registered Linux Machine #293111
    Registered Linux User #371115

Just Joined!

FreeBSD Is Just a Smoot OS to run!

I love FreeBSD.

My main PC has been running BSD for years. I run a desktop, an email server, a web server, and I RIP DVDs all on the same box and I didn't pay a dime for the software.

I like KDE but mostly I am using Fluxbox because it is lighter.

I am writing a document that walks thru how to install a FreeBSD Workstation using FreeBSD 5.3 and KDE.

I will post it on http://www.bsdcertification.com/guid...orkstation.php when the document is finished. I think it will help newbies. I am also thinking of making having a version for Release, Stable, and Current.

I use, as my profile says, OpenBSD 3.6. I use it on my laptop, simply because my wireless card(s) work with it. Until FreeBSD comes out with a prism54 driver or adopts the full wi0 driver from Open, my FreeBSD CDs will continue to collect dust.

tfk
    Linux Newbie
    I had installed FreeBSD once, and I will install it again nvs.

--LC
    it\'s !Linux; it\'s GNU/Linux!
    [XBill] [GNU] [Viewable with Any Browser] [Drop me a mail]

Linux Newbie
    I like OpenBSD and FreeBSD, but unfortunately I don't have enough HDD space to install 'em next to Xandros.

Linux Engineer
    eventually I would like to try DragonFlyBSD, the poll was the first that I had heard about it and I am very interested in trying it out after browsing through its websites and forums hopefully I get enough parts scrounged together soon to give it a go!
    Operating System: GNU Emacs

Linux Engineer
    gentoo-bsd for me.. it's fbsd with portage instead of ports.. still experimental.. nice concept, though.
    Their code will be beautiful, even if their desks are buried in 3 feet of crap. - esr

Linux Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by lordnothing
    gentoo-bsd for me.. it's fbsd with portage instead of ports.. still experimental.. nice concept, though.
    Interesting idea. But why not just use Ports?

Linux Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by genesus
    eventually I would like to try DragonFlyBSD, the poll was the first that I had heard about it and I am very interested in trying it out after browsing through its websites and forums hopefully I get enough parts scrounged together soon to give it a go!
    Yes, DragonFlyBSD does indeed look interesting. Just don't expect the maturity level of the 3 major BSDs (Free, Open, Net) from it - DragonFly is still in heavy development, even though they're at version 1.0 now.

Have fun.

Linux Engineer
    because ports aggravated me and i don't like cvsup. mainly because i don't like cvsup.
    Their code will be beautiful, even if their desks are buried in 3 feet of crap. - esr

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast