Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am doing a net install of FreeBSD 5.3 RELEASE some of the port installs say they aborted with error code -1 see the debug screen for more info. How ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

Debug Screen

I am doing a net install of FreeBSD 5.3 RELEASE some of the port installs say they aborted with error code -1 see the debug screen for more info. How do I get to the debug screen.
    Long live the revolution!
    Have a nice day.
    If you want real change vote Libertarian!

Linux User
    I would still like to know the answer to my question however it is not urgent as I got a little overzealous with the ports colection and filled the the 6gig hard drive up and was still trying to install more so I had to start over.
    Have a nice day.

Linux Engineer
    Wha? What method are you using to install ports, and what ports are failing?

Linux User
    Here is a list of what failed up until the drive was filled and I strart getting the can't write to drive media full message.

Add of package linux_base-7.1-7 aborted error code 1 for more information see debug screen
    Load of dependent package linux_base-7.1-7 failed
    Add of package flashplugin-0.4.3 aborted error code 1 for more information see debug screen
    Add of package bash-3.0.5 aborted error code 1 for more information see debug screen
    Add of package linux-arts-1.0.3_2 aborted error code 1 for more information see debug screen
    Add of package samba-3.0.7,1 aborted error code 1 for more information see debug screen
    Load of dependent package samba-3.0.7,1 failed
    Add of package lesstif-0.93.94 aborted error code 1 for more information see debug screen
    Load of dependent package lesstif-0.93.94 failed

Ports installed correctly inbetween these failures and after the last failure up untill I started getting the disk full errors. I was using the ports from the internet as I was doing a net install. When I redid after the disk full failures it went fine and is now up and running and I am working on configuring X. I however only installed one prot and I believe it add 3 dependencies and that was mutt.
    Have a nice day.

Linux Engineer
    Well those are packages that are failing, not ports. To install a port
    Code:
    cd /usr/ports/path_to_port/
    make install clean
    the "clean" part (make clean) should clean out source files and save some disk space. You can also delete distfiles in /usr/ports/distfiles to save space.

Linux User
    when the install asked if I would like to look at the availible ports to install that is were these were selected from.
    Have a nice day.

Linux Engineer
    Oh, I don't usually install ports/packages through sysinstall. It's better to just cvsup your ports tree and install ports after you've got the base system up and running.

Linux User
    OK but what about that debug screen where is it?
    Have a nice day.

Linux Engineer
    This explains everything about the debug screen and all of the problems you're having. Again, they advise adding packages and installing ports through methods other than sysinstall:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/f...ly/054120.html