Find the answer to your Linux question:
ok, heres the situation: I have just installed FreeBSD on my HD with a few linux distros on different partitions. I have installed from miniinst , and I therefore don't ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

New Freebsd

ok, heres the situation:

I have just installed FreeBSD on my HD with a few linux distros on different partitions. I have installed from miniinst , and I therefore don't have any gui. I hav a USR wireless acx111 chipset card so I want to try and install the dirver from http://wlan.kewl.org/modules/mantis/main_page.php to get on the net. I have the driver on a cd so how do I get to this and install. I am a neewb in both linux and freebsd. After doing that, how do I install gui and basic programs, still in text mode. If the wireless isn't possible, i can send a network cable from network hub to the machine. What do I have to do to set this up?

Cheers, Alan

Linux Engineer
    Well.. have you looked at the FreeBSD Handbook? You have almost everything you will ever need there.

FreeBSD Handbook
    serzsite.com.ar
    "All the drugs in this world won\'t save you from yourself"

God
    Just Joined!
    Code:
    cd to /usr/ports
    Thats the package managment system for *BSD. It compiles programs from source code and installs and configures them for you.

Code:
    cd x11
    xorg is located in one of the x11 directories, cd to it's folder and

Code:
    make install
    thats it!!