Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
DR17 was awesome when I tried it. Just wish it was a bit more "usable". I can live with the odd bug or two, but it was rather frustrating having ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Engineer

DR17 was awesome when I tried it. Just wish it was a bit more "usable". I can live with the odd bug or two, but it was rather frustrating having to actually go in and create the menu items manually. I didn't bother reloading after I had to do a complete reinstall.
    Registered Linux user #384279
    Vector Linux SOHO 7

Quote Originally Posted by retired1af
    DR17 was awesome when I tried it. Just wish it was a bit more "usable". I can live with the odd bug or two, but it was rather frustrating having to actually go in and create the menu items manually. I didn't bother reloading after I had to do a complete reinstall.
    That's what I meant by not ready for the primetime. But don't bug the E Devels about it, as there's a joke going around (which has some truth ):
    Quote Originally Posted by Some guy
    Every time somebody asks Rasterman when he's releasing E17, it gets pushed back a week!
    But from what I remember, E17 was a pretty cool tech preview.

Linux Engineer
    Yeah, I get what you mean, menu-editing and such is still a PITA; espesially when there is those .eapp files involved, and I have no clue (yet) how to create/edit eapp-files, but looks like a promising DE (not only a WM anymore :P) and is probably gonna rock when it's finished. Meanwhile, I think I'll maybe stick with flux until e17 gets a little bit longer. Unfortunatly, it seems like he has removed the flame, snow and tree-desktop modules since christmast

Why don't you just use E16?

Linux Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by lakerdonald
    Why don't you just use E16?
    I have tried it some times, but I just for some reason like fluxbox better than e16.

Fair enough.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2