Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just installed ppracer (a fork of tuxracer) on my freebsd 5.4 box, but I seem to get some errors during startup... Video works fine, and some of the sound ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Engineer

Sound format not recognised?

I just installed ppracer (a fork of tuxracer) on my freebsd 5.4 box, but I seem to get some errors during startup... Video works fine, and some of the sound effects do, but there is no music (even thought it IS turned on in the configuration panel) and some of the sound effects is terrible, not as they were on gentoo or some of the other systems. Here's the errors which pops up:
    Code:
    %%% ppracer warning: FAILED to load music file music/start1-jt.it: Unrecognized music format
    %%% ppracer warning: FAILED to load music file music/options1-jt.it: Unrecognized music format
    %%% ppracer warning: FAILED to load music file music/race1-jt.it: Unrecognized music format
    %%% ppracer warning: FAILED to load music file music/wonrace1-jt.it: Unrecognized music format
    Any suggestions?

/me goes on searching google meanwhile

EDIT: From what I can see at google, there are multiple peaple having this issue with tuxracer, but no solution... Is there something missing, like an SDL plugin or something I can fetch?

Linux User
    I was reading about something similar about this on BSD and bunch of Linux distributions, and as far as I remember it was a problem with sdl_mixer-1.2.6.

Try downgrading to 1.2.5 and see if it works..