Find the answer to your Linux question:
w00t! I synced my sources and rebuilt the world, thanks to this great forum. Anyhoo I am running Beta 3 right now and I can't seem to grasp where I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Typing from FreeBSD 6.0 Beta 3

w00t!

I synced my sources and rebuilt the world, thanks to this great forum.

Anyhoo I am running Beta 3 right now and I can't seem to grasp where I fill in with the ports.. they physically aren't there, I can cd into /usr/ports but nothing is in there. I did ports-all and src-all in my supfile and I am Googling and reading the FBSD Handbook but I'm not really coming up with anything. I tried using portsnap but that didn't really seem to help, I have tried running sysinstall and reinstalling the ports again but there are no servers that support 6.0 Beta 3, well I'm back to reading the handbook. Thanks for the help.
    Registered Linux user #393103

Just Joined!

Re: Typing from FreeBSD 6.0 Beta 3

Quote Originally Posted by George Harrison
    w00t!

I synced my sources and rebuilt the world, thanks to this great forum.

Anyhoo I am running Beta 3 right now and I can't seem to grasp where I fill in with the ports.. they physically aren't there, I can cd into /usr/ports but nothing is in there. I did ports-all and src-all in my supfile and I am Googling and reading the FBSD Handbook but I'm not really coming up with anything. I tried using portsnap but that didn't really seem to help, I have tried running sysinstall and reinstalling the ports again but there are no servers that support 6.0 Beta 3, well I'm back to reading the handbook. Thanks for the help.
    ahah dont worry, just grab the tarball and extract into /usr

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/po...s/ports.tar.gz

Just Joined!
    I did ports-all and src-all in my supfile

paste your supfile ....

Linux Engineer

Re: Typing from FreeBSD 6.0 Beta 3

Quote Originally Posted by George Harrison
    I have tried running sysinstall and reinstalling the ports again but there are no servers that support 6.0 Beta 3
    Anything that's more current than a -RELEASE is HEAD. So 6.0-BETA3 is HEAD and -STABLE is HEAD and -CURRENT is HEAD -- they all use the same ports tree. All of the FreeBSD mirrors support HEAD.

Look over Using the Ports Collection in the FreeBSD Handbook.