Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Code: -su-2.05b# cd /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/linux-gtk -su-2.05b# make install clean ===> Installing for linux-gtk-1.2_5 ===> linux-gtk-1.2_5 depends on file: /compat/linux/usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.6 - found ===> linux-gtk-1.2_5 depends on file: /compat/linux/etc/redhat-release - found ===> Generating ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Error on firefox installation from port.

Code:
    -su-2.05b# cd /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/linux-gtk
    -su-2.05b# make install clean
    ===>  Installing for linux-gtk-1.2_5
    ===>   linux-gtk-1.2_5 depends on file: /compat/linux/usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.6 - found
    ===>   linux-gtk-1.2_5 depends on file: /compat/linux/etc/redhat-release - found
    ===>   Generating temporary packing list
    ===>  Checking if x11-toolkits/linux-gtk already installed
    gtk+-1.2.9-4.i386.rpm
    ELF binary type "3" not known.
    execution of gtk+-1.2.9-4 script failed, exit status 255
    ELF binary type "3" not known.
    /compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig: 1: Syntax error: "(" unexpected
    *** Error code 2

Stop in /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/linux-gtk
    Hello, I am trying to install linux-gtk... it is needed for firefox installation but I got the above error. What is the cause of this? I have installed firefox before without any problems.

Thanks

Linux Engineer
    You haven't loaded the linux compat layer module... Try "kldload linux" or something limilar. Also, why do you want the linux-gtk, most GTK-apps should work natively on FreeBSD (assuming you use freebsd, should work on most, if not all, BSDs) if you install for example the /usr/ports/www/firefox port or something like that, it should automaticly get the freebss GTK-port. While were talking, installing is a lot easier from ports after installing the emerge-like "portinstall" from /usr/ports/sysutils/portupgrade or something like that.

Linux Engineer
    Code:
    # pkg_add -r firefox

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Isn't it better to install firefox from ports? I was able to install firefox actually... I did a mistake on rc.conf file... still new to BSD
    Now I am experiencing problem with plugings... on all browser. I went for installation of linuxpluginwrappr from port. Everything seems to be fine but plugins don't work, or at least shockwave. I need it to watch pages like 2advanced.
    Is there another port that I have to install?

Thank You.

Linux Engineer
    I think you can install the linux version of flashplayer7 from ports as well... Shockwave never worked on linux neither AFAIK

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaboua
    I think you can install the linux version of flashplayer7 from ports as well... Shockwave never worked on linux neither AFAIK
    But with flashplayer installed is possible to watch pages that use shockwave, correct? I've achieved this with Kanotix and PCLOS.

What is port to install flashplayer? I have nothing after "whereis"

Thanks

Just Joined!
    found it.. is under graphics/flashplayer. I'll post back after installation.

Linux Engineer
    [quote="melopll"]
    Quote Originally Posted by jaboua
    I have nothing after "whereis"
    You can search for it like this:
    Code:
    cd /usr/ports
    make search name=flashplayer
    However, seems like you found it...

Just Joined!
    Sorry, I haven't been able to see if it works or not because I was doing a buildworld-installworld cycle. Unfortunately something went wrong and now I am not able to login nor as user neither as root.
    I was trying to upgrade the system to current-release from PCBSD installation. This is what I did after make builworld/make buldkernel/make install kernel:
    Code:
    fsck -p
    mount -u /
    mount -a
    cd /usr/src
    mergemaster -p
    make installworld
    cp -Rp /etc /etc.old
    cd /usr/src
    mergemaster
    exit
    I don't quite understand the function of mergemaster and what should be done... let's say by default.

Thanks

Linux Engineer
    If you can't login, try getting a FreeSBIE cd, umounting all drives, mounting them into a directory, chrooting, fixing from the inside...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast