Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Menuconfig? I thought you had to read /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/GENERIC or something like that... However, on freebsd it's built into the kernel, and pcbsd is based on freebsd and meant to be ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Engineer

Menuconfig? I thought you had to read /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/GENERIC or something like that... However, on freebsd it's built into the kernel, and pcbsd is based on freebsd and meant to be easy, so I would guess so...

However have you tried using this in /etc/fstab:
    Code:
    /dev/ad0s4            /mnt/ad0s4       msdosfs          rw                0      0
    And then typing just "mount /dev/ad0s4"? However, it seems like it's a dos extended partition, if I'm not totally lost, that means it's a partition container, containing a partition-table for other partitions aswell. If so, it's not sure pc-bsd supports it (i read some place that freebsd-slices should not lie in extended partitions because freebsd could'nt get it). Try a "fdisk -l /dev/hda" from a linux livecd or something like that, and see if the dos partition relies inside the extended partition.

Thanks for the help guys but I have decided to go back to Linux as that is what I am most comfortable with. It was nice to get a taste of BSD though.

Bryan
    Looking for a distro? Look here.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)
    Queen's University - Arts and Science 2008 (Sociology)
    Registered Linux User #386147.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2