Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: fat32 + fstab

Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Engineer

Menuconfig? I thought you had to read /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/GENERIC or something like that... However, on freebsd it's built into the kernel, and pcbsd is based on freebsd and meant to be easy, so I would guess so...

However have you tried using this in /etc/fstab:
    Code:
    /dev/ad0s4            /mnt/ad0s4       msdosfs          rw                0      0
    And then typing just "mount /dev/ad0s4"? However, it seems like it's a dos extended partition, if I'm not totally lost, that means it's a partition container, containing a partition-table for other partitions aswell. If so, it's not sure pc-bsd supports it (i read some place that freebsd-slices should not lie in extended partitions because freebsd could'nt get it). Try a "fdisk -l /dev/hda" from a linux livecd or something like that, and see if the dos partition relies inside the extended partition.

Thanks for the help guys but I have decided to go back to Linux as that is what I am most comfortable with. It was nice to get a taste of BSD though.

Bryan
    Looking for a distro? Look here.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)
    Queen's University - Arts and Science 2008 (Sociology)
    Registered Linux User #386147.