Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey everyone whats up? I am totally new to FreeBSD (I just installed it last night!) and i did a minimal installation so I can get a feel of installing ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

help on horiz scan rate/vert synch rate on Toshiba Satellite A35-S159

Hey everyone whats up?

I am totally new to FreeBSD (I just installed it last night!) and i did a minimal installation so I can get a feel of installing everything by hand.I am about to configure X11 and when i went into the xorg.conf.new file that was created, I did not see anything about the monitor's horizontal scan rate and the vertical synchronization rate. I am using a Toshiba Satellite A35-S159 laptop. I checked online and I couldnt find any information. Do any of you guys or gals have information on this? Also, how would I find this out, without having to reinstall windows on my laptop?

Linux Engineer
    sometimes you don't actually need those values.. X.org has gotten better at auto-detecting it.. you should only have to put in those values if you get a horrid resolution and no others will work.
    Their code will be beautiful, even if their desks are buried in 3 feet of crap. - esr

Linux Engineer
    How did you setup xorg? if you ran xorgcfg then you should be ok, as the above poster mentioned, autodetection is pretty good now...when you startx do you get a no screens found error?
    Operating System: GNU Emacs