Find the answer to your Linux question:
hello, Linux-firefox needs glib2-2.2.1-1.i386.rpm file but it seems that is not available from port. I've manually downloaded it from http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/se...hp?query=glib2 but the installation says that the file is not under ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linux-firefox installation... no glib2-2.2.1-1.i386.rpm under /ports/distfiles/rpm

hello,
    Linux-firefox needs glib2-2.2.1-1.i386.rpm file but it seems that is not available from port. I've manually downloaded it from
    http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/se...hp?query=glib2
    but the installation says that the file is not under /usr/ports/distfiles/rpm and keeps on trying to download it from port.
    How can I solve this?
    Thanks

What BSD are you using? Odds are that if Firefox is in ports, all dependencies will be in ports as well. This will be the easiest wasy for you to get Firefox. What errors did you get when trying to get Firefox through ports?

Bryan
    Looking for a distro? Look here.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)
    Queen's University - Arts and Science 2008 (Sociology)
    Registered Linux User #386147.

hmm... no need to go through all of this work, just install Firefox through ports:
    Code:
    # cd /usr/ports/www/firefox
    # make install clean
    and that's it.

EDIT: It would also help if you specified what *BSD you are using but if I may make an educated guess... it's either FreeBSD or PCBSD. It helps in that some *BSD operating systems such as OpenBSD frown upon using ports and use packages for everything. I'd say either way it's pretty safe for you to use "pkg_add -r firefox" or the ports command I have above.
    Registered Linux user #393103

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close