Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Ok. I am trying to resize my C: hard drive right? In the "Operations pending" box it has the list of changes you are making and some of them have ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Partition Magic help

Ok. I am trying to resize my C: hard drive right? In the "Operations pending" box it has the list of changes you are making and some of them have a star next to them. I found out that the star means that it "Requires boot mode to execute (all other operations will be applied in boot mode as well)". What does that mean? Whenever I try to apply the changes it just resets everything back to the way they were. How do I "save", so to speak, the changes I have made? In this case, how do I resize my hard drive and keep it that way? Any help will be greatly apreciated. Thanks in advance

Just Joined!
    by the way if you havent already guessed, I am using Partition Magic to do this

Sounds weird....

Have you tried running each change one at a time?? In other words, make a change and then apply it and see if there are any error messages or anything else that might explain what's going on.
    Registered Linux user #388328 || Registered LFS user #15880
    AMD 64 X2 4600+ :: 2X1GB DDR2 800 :: GeForce 9400 GT 512MB :: ASUS M2N32 Deluxe :: 4X250GB SATAII
    Need instant help? Try us on IRC -- #linuxforums on freenode

Just Joined!
    yeah it does the same thing. Do you know of any other free partition programs? Im trying to find one that works and Im not having much luck

Try qtparted. This is a free partition magic clone that comes with Knoppix livecd.

You could also try reinstalling Partition Magic since it sounds like something is broken there.
    AMD 64 X2 4600+ :: 2X1GB DDR2 800 :: GeForce 9400 GT 512MB :: ASUS M2N32 Deluxe :: 4X250GB SATAII

Just Joined!
    ok umm about qtparted, it isnt an exe file. It is a .bz2 file and I dont know how to run it.

I will try reinstalling Partition Magic too though

See this link on how to install things. Tar files are very common in linux, and that tutorial should help. Executable files almost never end in .exe in linux.

Just Joined!
    Im not using Linux. I am trying to find a partitioning program to install Linux on my computer. I am using Windows

Quote Originally Posted by prejudged_fire
    Im not using Linux. I am trying to find a partitioning program to install Linux on my computer. I am using Windows
    Apologies. In that case I have no idea

Just Joined!
    k well thanks a whole lot for even replying. It has been hours since i first posted this and no one has responded until you. Thanks anyways for you help

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast