Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello...... I have freeBSD Unix 5.4 I am facing a terrible problem with my sendmail.I have servers having live IPs.And I have sendmail running in my system. Somebody is sending ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Anonymous access of my sendmail service

Hello......

I have freeBSD Unix 5.4

I am facing a terrible problem with my sendmail.I have servers having live IPs.And I have sendmail running in my system.
    Somebody is sending mail by using my sendmail service.I have checked the IPs and the domains but they are all randoms.In sendmail open relay is closed.I need the sendmail service for my own purpose . But before that I want to stop this random anonymous access of my sendmail service .Could u plzz tell me what to do.
    It's very urgent

Just Joined!
    I'm not an expert, but if you are sure there is not an open relay, I'd check any web sites you are hosting (particularly forums and blogs, contact me forms, email this page to a friend, etc.) to ensure that they aren't vulnerable to header injections and other nastiness. If you suspect a site, you might check your web logs also to see if any of the latest vulnerability probes have been successful.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by michael56
    I'm not an expert, but if you are sure there is not an open relay, I'd check any web sites you are hosting (particularly forums and blogs, contact me forms, email this page to a friend, etc.) to ensure that they aren't vulnerable to header injections and other nastiness. If you suspect a site, you might check your web logs also to see if any of the latest vulnerability probes have been successful.

We have checked by apache web server down but still the maillog are increasing.So no question of any vulnerability.plzzz help.
    I want to block all outside connection which can send mails by using my sendmail program.I want only my server side program to send mail.
    plzz help.......

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close