Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello I'm currently running a FreeBSD 6.0 box. I installed several soft and my problem is that I cant find the sample config files that come normally with the package. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

Where are the sample config files?

Hello
    I'm currently running a FreeBSD 6.0 box. I installed several soft and my problem is that I cant find the sample config files that come normally with the package. For example when I installed fetchmail under linux I could find a sample .fetchmailrc in /usr/share/doc here I search in this directory and I only found the handbook, faq and others articles related to freebsd but not my sampleconfig files and the problem is the same for all my softs.
    My question is: is it normal? If not must I write all by myself the config file (pain I prefer just adapt samples...) or where could I find them?
    Thx

Linux Engineer
    Things you install from ports usually go to /usr/X11R6/ or /usr/local instead of /usr in freebsd. Try checking in /usr/local/share/doc

Linux Engineer
    examples are actually in /usr/share/examples/*/ and /usr/local/share/examples/*/
    Their code will be beautiful, even if their desks are buried in 3 feet of crap. - esr