Find the answer to your Linux question:
After rebooting I can't seem to get my DHCP connection, I'm dual booting, I have fedore 5 on my master and PC-BSD on the slave, All was gonig great until ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    fvs
    Linux Newbie

DHCP lost connection?

After rebooting I can't seem to get my DHCP connection, I'm dual booting, I have fedore 5 on my master and PC-BSD on the slave, All was gonig great until I rebooted to PC-BSD,
    then after booting in I can't seem to get connected to the web. I went to network configuration and my eth0 is enabled and it has dhcp, yet I can't get on the web, tried both web browsers and PC-BSD download, no dice, This FreeBSD is not to user friendly.
    Need some help to get in solid. Thanks, fvs

PS No problem on master (fc5), that's where I posting from.

I haven't use PC-BSD yet but it derived from FreeBSD so it should be the same.
    To use DHCP, you have to have this in /etc/rc.conf to start the dhcp client and configure your device. The device that is eth0 under Linux will be someting else under FreeBSD--maybe ed0 or vr0 or sis0 or something else. So replace "ed0" in the second line with your actual device name. See 'man rc.conf' for more information.
    Code:
    background_dhclient="YES"
    ifconfig_ed0="DHCP"
    If you have any special setup, you may need to also edit /etc/dhclient.conf.

fvs
    Linux Newbie
    Hi Ken, Thanks it worked, I do have to get my printer working, I tried to configure it but it isn't working.
    Went to print manager to add printer Epson Stylus 880, but it wont recognize the usb connection?
    Any advice? Thanks again fvs

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    This is beyond my limited FreeBSD experience, but I would expect you to need these in /etc/rc.conf
    Code:
    lpd_enable="YES"
    usbd_enable="YES"
    And I think you need an entry in /etc/usbd.conf.
    You might use the usbdevs command to get information about devices connected to USB.