Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've had PC-BSD 1.2 for about a week or so and it seems that each time upon rebooting that I lose so settings, forinstance my DHCP will have to be ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    fvs
    Linux Newbie

Startup problems?

I've had PC-BSD 1.2 for about a week or so and it seems that each time upon rebooting that I lose so settings, forinstance my DHCP will have to be reconfigured or my printer no longer works and I have to reconfigure it. Is this a bug? or do I need to do something special?
    BTW I can't seem to get DHCP going again. Need some advice. Thanks. fvs

Are the settings that are being modified in /etc/rc.conf and /etc/dhcpd.conf? Are those files being modified?

fvs
    Linux Newbie
    Hi again Ken, Yes they are but not by me, I have been trying to install packages and I install ports also, do you think they corrupt my files? I'm new at this stuff.
    I lost my printer also, I went back to reinstall it and got an error message,

Unable to retrieve the printer list. Error message received from manager:
    Connection to CUPS server failed. Check that the CUPS server is correctly installed and running. Error: connection refused.

I had it runninr fine before rebooting, How do I check my cups server? and how can I keep it?

Ken, I just looked at my /etc/defaults/rc.conf file and I don't know if their right, Take a look and tell if they are? Also what should be in hostname""?
    is it my login name or my service provider(cable.rcn.com)?