Find the answer to your Linux question:
I was able to burn an iso image of Freesbie 1.1 and boot the live CD. However, I am only able to boot the bare command line and not the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Freesbie

I was able to burn an iso image of Freesbie 1.1 and boot the live CD. However, I am only able to boot the bare command line and not the fluxbox desktop despite selecting said option. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT 1. Apparently the problem is with my desktop. I didn't copy the log file... Freesbie boots fine on my Dell Inspiron B130 laptop... My only problem now is the wireless access that I don't know how to configure...

btw, Freesbie is very pretty and well conceived. I only wish it were more up to date...
    -D-

Registered User # 402675

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by daacosta
    I was able to burn an iso image of Freesbie 1.1 and boot the live CD. However, I am only able to boot the bare command line and not the fluxbox desktop despite selecting said option. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT 1. Apparently the problem is with my desktop. I didn't copy the log file... Freesbie boots fine on my Dell Inspiron B130 laptop... My only problem now is the wireless access that I don't know how to configure...

btw, Freesbie is very pretty and well conceived. I only wish it were more up to date...
    Have you tried FrenzyBSD? That's a live FreeBSD with fluxbox, I had no problems with it. I use it as a rescue cd. Kind of like the Knoppix for FreeBSD.