Find the answer to your Linux question:
HI guys!!! I'm a newbie of BSD actually i've no idea bout BSD. I'm familier with Linux but never try BSD. I've got a Firewall named Gauntlet Firewall it only ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Which BSD will be best 4 me?

HI guys!!!
    I'm a newbie of BSD actually i've no idea bout BSD. I'm familier with Linux but never try BSD. I've got a Firewall named Gauntlet Firewall it only supports

1. BSD/OS 3.1 or later (Java support needed)
    2. HP-UX 10.20
    3.Solaris 2.6

When i googled for BSD i've figured out theres many of them like freeBSD, openBSD and more. I'm just confused which BSD will be suitable for me? Can you people help me?

It sounds like you're dealing with software that is at least 10 years old. I would suggest using something a little more up to date, as most of the systems listed above aren't available anymore. Solaris is at version 10 now...Maybe check www.distrowatch.com for a more recent BSD with a firewall app. There are several that are designed to do just that.

Thanks!!

Thanks 4 ur reply. ya u r ri8 its pritty old. I want to try it with a BSD which distro will be best?

This is a which distro BSD flavored question, the same rules apply, nobody can choose for you but If you want a secure flavor, try OpenBSD or if you prefer something more modern and up to date, try FreeBSD
    Put your hand in an oven for a minute and it will be like an hour, sit beside a beautiful woman for an hour and it will be like a minute, that is relativity. --Albert Einstein
    Linux User #425940

Don't PM me with questions, instead post in the forums