Developing a Virtualized FreeBSD Guest for Tutorials
- Advise/Recommendations for Dev. Workflow
- Advise/Links to useful resources
Create a FREE VirtualBox Guest Machine with FREE embedded custom learning content pre-loaded.
- Probable target OS will be FreeBSD (long story here).
- Target audience: Mac/Win users, new to Linux
- Modular HTML curriculum
- Tools/Packages: Probably linked to, but possibly pre-installed
- Ease of use for students (one download, one click - almost)
- Ease of dev/maintenance (Git/SVN/SourceForge?)
- Possibly (eventually) target initial LPI cert
- Share via torrent, keep size < 2 Gigs
(LACK OF) SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT:
- There is no SME thus far (just me).
- I have used Linux off/on for over 10 yrs
- My Pearl/bash script skills are weak
- I'll leverage non-profit/educ "fair use" rules.
RELEVANT PRIOR COURSE DESIGN:
- I have created Captivate SCORM modules
- I have created Camptasia tutorials
- I have worked with almost every major LMS
- I've used virtual guests for many years.
Thank you so much!,