Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've recently visited Ubuntu forums. It's not such a friendly place as this one but I did see something that impressed me. When you start a new thread, as soon ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Do you have this useful facility?

I've recently visited Ubuntu forums. It's not such a friendly place as this one but I did see something that impressed me. When you start a new thread, as soon as you have written the title you get a list of links to similar posts in the past. This must save on a lot of unnecessary duplication. Is there something similar in Linux Forums? I've never seen it for any of my posts here (but perhaps I just have a very original mind )
    "I'm just a little old lady; don't try to dazzle me with jargon!"

I can definitely see the usefulness of this. To my knowledge we don't have that capability in the current forum software, but I'd certainly be interested in seeing if (and how) it could be implemented.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

oz
    forum.guy
    We have a "similar threads" feature which can be seen at the bottom of this thread but I'm not sure if it can be set to post similar threads as soon as a new thread title has been entered. As it stands now, the feature seems to find similar threads after the new thread has been submitted.

They are using vBulletin just like we are but their version is the next version higher from what ours is, so that might have something to do with it. Otherwise, it appears that it would be possible to implement the feature on our board. Maybe Core Wizard can provide more information regarding the subject.
    oz