Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Originally Posted by lakerdonald speaking of the tutorials, how many posts do you need to post/reply to a thread in the "tutorials" forum? -lakerdonald None, just post Note that the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

Quote Originally Posted by lakerdonald
    speaking of the tutorials, how many posts do you need to post/reply to a thread in the "tutorials" forum?
    -lakerdonald
    None, just post

Note that the tutorials section is fairly strongly moderated, a lot of people keep starting threads for questions rather than tutorials in there

I'll see what i can do about getting a wiki setup, and see if it is possible to intergrate with phpBB. Those who want to use it will then be able to.

Great!
    Regards Scienitca (registered user #335819 - http://counter.li.org )
    --
    A master is nothing more than a student who knows something of which he can teach to other students.

but when i try to post or reply, it tells me that i have to be a moderator to post in that forum
    -lakerdonald

Linux Guru
    doh! small permissions problem there... should be fixed now

thanks jason. everything's dandy now!
    -lakerdonald
    btw:I'M A CYBERGROUPIE! HELL YEAH!

I know the idea of a wiki has already taken off with tremendous support, but as i read through the thread, there still seems to be a little uncertanty as how to select rw permissions. Why dont we make it so anyone w/ over 50 or 100 or 500 or w/e number of post can request rw permissions, but instead of letting a moderater decide, we have a polling system. All the users on the forum can place a vote for or against. That way the open feel of wiki is preserved, but we dont have malicious fools coming along trashing it (most of them arnt willing to spend the time to build a reputation of helpful). And we can obviously give moderators the power to overide that decison, but its less burden on our already hardworking moderators (especialy at the beginning) and encourages people to keep up the nice attitude tword everyone (including newbies).
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3