Find the answer to your Linux question:
I was very supprised to find that one of the best distros (IMO) around is not listed on the main forum page. I have tried others and liked MEPIS until ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Red face Where is the PCLinuxOS Forum

I was very supprised to find that one of the best distros (IMO) around is not listed on the main forum page. I have tried others and liked MEPIS until I found PCLinuxOS. I know "to each his own " but as highly rated PCLOS is, it should be on the board.

The home page is here: PCLinuxOS

enjoy

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by lessax View Post
    I was very supprised to find that one of the best distros (IMO) around is not listed on the main forum page. I have tried others and liked MEPIS until I found PCLinuxOS. I know "to each his own " but as highly rated PCLOS is, it should be on the board.

The home page is here: PCLinuxOS

enjoy
    Welcome to the forums!

"One of the best distros around" is really very subjective. I've tried PCLinuxOS so many times that I've lost count and have never liked it at all. Just because it's rising on the DistroWatch.com chart doesn't mean anything either, other than lots of people are clicking on it. That listing is pretty much useless when it comes to best.

Core Wizard, the board administrator, decides what distro forums will occupy the board, so apparently he's decided that a PCLinuxOS forum is not needed at the moment. I agree with that decision since we don't get all that many threads about the distro.

I am aware that lots of PCLinuxOS users are making a concerted effort to increase the popularity of the distro, but even that doesn't make it the best.

That said, I'll lock this thread because it appears to be just another advertisement for the distro more than anything else. If you should have any other questions, don't hesitate to post them.

oz
    oz