Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
well, since I am very Dyslectic I write lots of thing wrong. And course of that I know I am taken less serious. So, I wonder. Is there a chance ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Spell checker.

well, since I am very Dyslectic I write lots of thing wrong.
    And course of that I know I am taken less serious.
    So, I wonder. Is there a chance that there can be a option in the UserCP to Enable a SpellChecker on QuickPost.
    So when that user presses "Post Quickpost" it checks for Mistakes.
    And tells if they are there.

I already have the Firefox SpellChecker but it doesnt check the Quick Reply box for some reason.
    And to be really honest.
    I try my best to help people, and sometimes I see my English Fails me course of my Dyslectic Problem. and well it really annoys me that they dont take me Serious then.. so is there a chance to implant such a Function?

Already thanks alot. I really try to do my best here. And well. I think some people know how it feels.
    New Users, please read this..
    Google first, then ask..

I doubt such a feature will be implemented. If you truly need a spell checker, why can't you just avoid using the Quick Reply button? For many people on this forum, English is their second or even third language. They have a hard enough time communicating their message.

I would, however, support the idea of better English being used. Even native English speakers make it difficult to understand their question or point. I know all forms of Leetspeak are not allowed but sometimes this rule goes unenforced.

Spell check is a feature available in Firefox. Pretty much any text entry field is checked as you type. It won't offer suggestions, but it will underline words it thinks are incorrect (and in my case they usually are wrong). I don't really see a reason for the forum software to implement a redundant feature.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Well, I prefer to use the Quick Reply button since then I can reread to what I am replying. This might sound like I am a retard. But People with Dyslectic problems really have problems with reading from a screen sometimes.
    Therefor I want to be able to read to what I am replying while I write my reply.
    I know I can still do that in a normal Reply. But then I have to scroll down and its Harder to find to what I am replying and type.

And that about 1337-speak is true. When somebody asks me to "F1x h15 71nux" I have no idea what he meens.

And, well I dont use Firefox all the time. Thats a small probeblem.
    Since I also check the forums on my laptop every now and then.
    And my laptop is 100% Framebuffer.
    So thats links. No SpellChecking Plugins there :/
    Google first, then ask..

oz
    forum.guy
    If you are able to switch to the Konqueror web browser, you'll find that spellcheck also works in the Quick Reply box. It's not the best browser around, but it's getting better and at some point might become my default browser... hopefully in KDE4.
    oz

well It will be my First KDE program on my system.
    So I have to include all the QT libs etc.
    But ill give it a shot.. :/
    Atleast I only have the Curse of beeing Dyslectic.. and I dont have something like one leg. Since thats much worse.

But, ok I understand that its not comming.
    I guess I just have to find a way to Include Aspell into my Webbrowsers. (Links, Firefox)

Thanks anywho.
    Google first, then ask..

*Gasp* You're going to use KDE, ozar? I figured KDE would be too easy for a DE/WM enthusiast such as yourself.

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrillhouse View Post
    *Gasp* You're going to use KDE, ozar? I figured KDE would be too easy for a DE/WM enthusiast such as yourself.
    lol... over the last 7 years, I've gone through most all the DEs and WMs at least a half dozen times each and have now come back to KDE, once again. However, I'm already thinking about going back to Gnome, since they have just released a new version.
    oz

Gnome 2.20 & Openbox was giving me hell on Arch. Window borders disappeared. I couldn't open the Applications menu. It completely changed my icon set and theme. Eventually, I got it back to normal but this was updated from core, not testing, and I've only been using it for a couple of days. Apparently, there are still a few issues with Java/Eclipse and F-spot.

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinVossen View Post
    well It will be my First KDE program on my system.
    So I have to include all the QT libs etc.
    But ill give it a shot.. :/
    Atleast I only have the Curse of beeing Dyslectic.. and I dont have something like one leg. Since thats much worse.

But, ok I understand that its not comming.
    I guess I just have to find a way to Include Aspell into my Webbrowsers. (Links, Firefox)

Thanks anywho.
    One thing I don't like about KDE at the moment is that Konqueror is both a web browser, and the file manager. They plan to split them up in KDE4 (a new file manager is coming out), although it is my understanding that you'll still be able to use Konqueror for both if you wish.

Either way, it is nice to be able to check most all of your spelling as you go in Konqueror.
    oz

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast