Find the answer to your Linux question:
When I signed up, I made a typo in my username, and I don't want to live with it. Since I can find no way to change it now, how ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How can I remove myself from this site?

When I signed up, I made a typo in my username, and I don't want to live with it. Since I can find no way to change it now, how can I remove my membership? I also cannot find a way to do that! I've sent a mail to the admins for help over a week ago, and I haven't heard anything back. Help!!

Amy

oz
    forum.guy
    Hi, and welcome!

Sorry I can't help you directly, but only the board administrator has the permissions needed to remove or rename user accounts. You might try using the Contact Us link at the lower-left bottom of each page to send your message again.

Moving this to Comments / Feedback / Suggestions...
    oz

Just Joined!
    Well as I say, I already did that and have had no reply. Are you telling me that users cannot even delete their own accounts?? That's unimaginably ridiculous!

oz
    forum.guy
    Hello again!

Quote Originally Posted by amydey View Post
    Well as I say, I already did that and have had no reply.
    Yes, I know you already did that... that's why I said above that you might want to send it again.

Are you telling me that users cannot even delete their own accounts??
    Yes, that's what I'm telling you.

That's unimaginably ridiculous!
    Yes, I can see how some might feel that way.

Sorry I can't help you directly, but I know of nothing else to suggest.
    oz

Quote Originally Posted by amydey View Post
    Are you telling me that users cannot even delete their own accounts?? That's unimaginably ridiculous!
    You can't delete your Hotmail, Yahoo or ICQ numbers either, so it really isn't Ridiculous at all.

Why don't you just stop using the account that is spelled wrong, and create a new account?
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Just Joined!
    Hi Mike,

You can close both Hotmail and Yahoo accounts, as I've done it. As for ICQ, I haven't been on it to try, and I have no intention of doing so. I also tried your suggestion, but it refused to let me create a new account as my email address is already tied to this account. I do have more than one email address, but due to anti-spam measures, I've VERY careful about which I use for what. I don't want to be forced to submit another email address, and I don't want to be forced to create a new address for the purposes of getting round an inflexible website.

Some people are almost militant about using open-source software. I'm almost the same way about being forced to do stupid things by websites. Call me obsessive/compulsive, but I hate kludges, and I feel like I'm being forced into a corner here...

Amy

Why not just tell us what new username you would like and that way CoreWizard will be able to change it.
    How to know if you are a geek.
    when you respond to "get a life!" with "what's the URL?"
    - Birger

New users read The FAQ

Linux User
    Quote Originally Posted by budman7 View Post
    Why not just tell us what new username you would like and that way CoreWizard will be able to change it.
    Exactly... We can not delete accounts anyway since they are associated to posts, such as this one, and if we do delete it, the posts will have to be deleted, and therefore the thread will make no more sense. Do you want a new username?